The International Open Challenges program is a procedure for sourcing and testing innovative products and technologies to address a wide range of urban issues in Moscow. The program is also designed to facilitate the upgrade of the city's infrastructure and government services. Each year, the program introduces 10 new challenges. At least 10 winners of previous challenges run pilot projects in the city.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Participation is open to Russian and international companies (developers/manufacturers/official distributors) that can offer an innovative solution to one of Moscow's problems and test in the city.
ADVANTAGES FOR PARTICIPANTS
- An opportunity to pilot innovations in Moscow's public infrastructure.
- For successfully piloted solutions, an opportunity for larger-scale implementations in Moscow.
- Access to funding from Moscow-based foundations and Russian corporations.
- An opportunity to become privileged residents (for further project development in Moscow) at Moscow's innovation infrastructure facilities (technology parks, etc.).
- An opportunity to introduce projects to potential customers (representatives of the Moscow government).
- Participation in Moscow's information campaign promoting top solutions and technologies.
Identification of issues and challenge description
At this stage, Moscow's executive agencies and departments specify issues that need to be addressed and publish information about them online.
Collection of solutions
Russian and international companies willing to compete in the open challenges submit their application forms through the program website.
Evaluation and selection
Solutions are assessed by a dedicated expert committee. Once the assessment is completed, the committee recommends one or more top solutions for a pilot implementation in Moscow.
At the final stage, selected solutions are piloted in Moscow. The goal is to evaluate the effectiveness of these solutions and decide whether they should be implemented at a larger scale in the city.
24 september 2019
15 april 2019
31 july 2019
1 june 2019
14 june 2019
31 may 2019
1 march 2019
18 november 2018